About the customer
The Ministry of Telecommunications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation (MinComSvyaz Rossii) is an executive body of the Federal Government of the Russian Federation.
The Ministry is responsible for policy-making and regulation for IT (including the use of IT in the creation of state-run information services and providing access thereto), electronic communications (including the use and conversion of the radio frequency spectrum), the operation of the postal service, publishing and printing, the use of personal data, and also the mass media, including the print media and the electronic media, e.g., the promotion of Internet technologies, television and radio broadcasting and other new technologies in the electronic domain.
About the project
The project's delivery was divided into two phases. The first phase was confined to the following tasks:
- analysis of current practices of public procurement operations;
- the drafting, circulation, and approval of a technical concept of an automated procurement system (APS)
- the development of software for the APS;
- the designing of templates of reports;
- the drafting of technical documentation and manuals for the ASP.
During the second phase the following work was carried out:
- the drafting of a set of organizational and administrative documents regulating the introduction and use of the APS within the customer organization;
- the training of users to work in the APS;
- deployment of the APS in testing mode (in the Vladimir region);
- the completion of the development of the software, manuals, templates of reports, and the drafting of documents summarizing the results of the system's pilot operation;
- the calculation of the costs of putting the APS in commission and of operating it;
- the creation of a PowerPoint presentation to introduce the APS functionality to government employees.
The following documents issued from the first phase of the project:
- a report with the analysis of the public procurement practices and workflow charts drawn in the required notation;
- the approved version of the technical concept of the APS;
- a software kit for installing the APS delivered on CD-R, plus the acts and protocols documenting completion of development and testing of the APS;
- the templates of reports;
- the user manual and administrator manual for the APS;
- the acts and protocols documenting completion of development and testing of the APS.
The following documents issued from the second phase of the project:
- a package of organizational and administrative documents regulating the introduction and use of the APS by the customer;
- users' training certificates;
- the protocols documenting the results of the system's operation in testing mode, and, where it was necessary, modified versions of the output documents from the first phase;
- a note presenting the calculations of the costs of putting the APS in commission and its subsequent maintenance and operation (with specifications provided for the servers' configurations, work stations, technical parameters of the communications systems, etc.)
The following functionality was delivered as part of the project:
- a planning module for drawing up a schedule of public procurement activities;
- a contract management module for drawing up and overseeing the execution of public contracts;
- a notification module for assessing the efficiency of public procurement and the visual representation of data;
- a budget ceilings module for monitoring the actual expenditure of budgetary funds and gathering data on surpluses of funds allocated to various budget items;
- a public procurement sourcing module for conducting tenders and auctions and posting requests for quotations in accordance with the legislation then in force;
- a reports & statistics module for generating reports containing the major qualitative, quantitative, and financial indicators characterizing the public procurement operations of the Federal Service for Transport Supervision;
- an administrative module for managing users' accounts and access rights;
The results achieved
The technical solutions for managing eProcurement operations were perfected, all pertinent business processes were mapped in detail, the suite was deployed in testing mode in the Vladimir region.